Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have read a lot regarding the upper and lower control arms as well as the mouthpiece on my LLY. I have a specific question regarding the control arms:

If I replace them with aftermarkets (I need to balljoints), will I have issues towing my fifth wheel trailer? My truck is currently completely stock and I would like to keep it that way. I do not want to level it because when I tow, the height of the truck is perfectly level. I have read that Cognito's control arms are made for leveled trucks. Would installing Cognito's arms cause bad angles due to not being leveled?

As far as the mouthpiece, I am in California and we have a visual smog check. I do not want problems with the state so I am considering not purchasing the S&B mouthpiece:
Amazon.com: S&B Filters 76-1006B Chevrolet GMC LLY Diesel Engine Turbo Mouthpiece: Automotive

Are any of you in California and have you been given any issues over running the S&B mouthpiece? If I go with the LBZ mouthpiece instead, is the eBay version acceptable?
GM Turbo Mouthpiece Inlet LBZ LLY GMC Chevrolet Silverado Duramax 98011738 | eBay

Thank you for your time!

Jake

·
Registered
18 Posts
go with the cognito arms they will be fine leveld or not. and also get the AFE mouthpiece you can still hook all the factory stuff back to it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.