Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one,

Well i got a 2003 Crewcab 8 foot box lb7, And a few months ago got the Banks Ram Air Intake, Six Gun, and Power PDA. I dont kno guys im not to impressed It has every Wish-washy power Some times it will Lite the tires up if your Rollin 20mph and some times it wont and some times it wont smoke them from a stand still. Bulding about 24 Max lbs of boost. Is it my stock Exhaust doing it? making it run like that? Will i see alot of power gain with a diffrent exhaust. Just Take the Muffler out and Run a Straight pipe on it or go get a full system. And in the Summer time i Run 18" procomp Rims wraped with Kumho Rubber and it wont spin them but it Lunchs Hard! So what is the next step in some more power? Thanks alot guys!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
When it doesn't take off, is the engine up to operating temp? It could be torque management. If you roll on to the throttle vs. stomping it, the truck will pick up much better. IMO, it's probably the banks doing it...saving your tranny from being fried. I don't think it would be your stock exhaust since I ran mine with stock exhaust for quite some time. 24 PSI boost is normal without getting a boost increase valve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i guess i never thought about Temp Now that you say that i think thats what it is. Ya i have noticed it takes off alot better when you dont stomp on it. Who makes a Good Boost Valve for some more boost!? :)

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
PPE makes one or you could buy a banks big head wastegate. I would go with the PPE unless you want to add actual guages.....the PDA takes the boost off of the map sensor and some sensors can't read above 25.6 psi. Besides I think the PPE (pacific performace) is pretty cheap $30. see it here:
http://www.pacificp.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=43

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if i put the PPE Valve in I will not have to have Regular Gauges the PDA will be good and it will work Like it should and Raise the boost? And Im going to Run a Straight pipe on it. Going to do that next week and probbly order the Valve ASAP. if im correct on the Above Question!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You better not play to much or youll be buying a tranny.:D
Sry for the double Posts But. Why would i have to worry about my Tranny!? and i dont play alot just once and awhile 1 a week if that

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
With the PPE boost modifier you shouldn't need a mechanical guage, but it is always a good idea. As far as the tranny, it only takes a couple of times limping it until it gets pretty easy to do. As long as you don't do any WOT 4-5th shifts, you should be ok for now. Just keep the power at a respectable level.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Sry for the double Posts But. Why would i have to worry about my Tranny!? and i dont play alot just once and awhile 1 a week if that
Theres alot of problems with burning the Allison if you add 85hp +. Usually the clutches will burn and truck go into limp mode. Alot of times Banks system will stop adding fuel if the trany starts to slip to help save the trany. Most other systems dont look for that. :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kno the 5th gear Cluth pack will Slip alot under power. But if i Make it Put less Fuel To it in the 4-5 shift that would Fix that problem so i dont have to worry about my Tranny!? and if so dose any one kno how much i should Turn it down?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you defueled what would be the point of upgrading.

No...With the PDA you can Change the % of Power it puts to each Gear. So i can have it at 100% power on 1-4 and only 70% power when its in 5th Gear. So it wont slip as much in one Gear. So its only 5th Gear thats not gettin Full Power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts