Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I am going to have a true dual set up put on my 95 i want 2 hi flows and 2 mufflers, well i found a universal magna flow for my truck, Would it be bad to have one on each pipe since it only came factory with 1?

Thanks Dylan

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
you will be fine i run mine no cats with just a mudffler on my blazer with same motor

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.. I got quoted 800 for 2 cats 2 muffs installed seems crazy high.

Its already got the rear pipes and tips. So im ordering the cats and muffs i want and having them installed so far at 290. Plus installation.

Thanks, Dylan

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
every gas truck i've ever owned has had the cat removed.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
You will be fine with 2.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I'd go no cats, an x-over pipe and two mufflers. This will give you the best flow and the most power. The crossover pipe will get you the most power possible (not much difference, but helps a little on low end torque). Cats do mellow out the sound a lot and take the machine gun sound out of it. But they're expensive!!

The best sounding setup I've heard IMO on a TBI truck was long tube headers into a single 3" in the factory location then split into duals out back. It had either a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler, can't remember which. Sounded great! Loud as hell but it didn't have as much of the raspy clack clack clack sound that most catless systems do.

I'd save the money on cats and spend it on long tube headers. That'll pick you up a little power in the process, and lets face it, the factory manifolds don't produce the best sound :eek: And you're a TBI truck, so you won't get codes for going with no cat... ask me how I know :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts