Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just bought a 07.5 Duramax and of course it has no owners manual. This is my first diesel, Just wondering on front diff. What type of lube to use? And is bottom plug drain and upper plug fill just like and other vehicle? Do i just fill it till it starts coming out fill like everything else? Also how many quarts of oil dose the LMM take? Thanks for helping the newb!

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Use a GL-5, 75w-90 synthetic gear lube in the front diff. Engine oil holds 10 qts with the oil filter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cheap manuals for you. I already went to 07 Silverado for you. You can go back to the home page if you want. The Diesel engine stuff is in a different manual that you will need to get.

These are the factory " Original manuals" not some home made version.

I had to buy all the manuals for my 08 that I just bought.

Helm Incorporated: Search Results

·
Vendor
10,974 Posts
I recommend guys use AMSOIL Severe Gear 75W-90 full synthetic gear lube. You will need about 6 qts for both front and rear. Nearly 2 qts in the front and just over 3 in the back. This fluid has a 100k mile drain interval.

If I can answer any questions or help with pricing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts