Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm wanting to build a fun daily driver. I haven't put anything togeather yet just getting the build sheet ready basicly. So far my truck is going to have a AD2, 5" exhaust, build tranny, PPE boost valve, Modified CP3, custom EFI live, and a GT4294R turbo. My question is will the engine be reliable? I'm mostly worried about the rods bending cause I'm looking for 600+HP so the rods are on my mind heavy. Is there anything else that anyone thinks I'll need in my quest for a 600+HP fun DD? I don't drive my truck hard just like to show people up and see there mouth drop time to time. :gearjamin THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm doing that just haven't decided if I'm going to do the autometers or the Edge CTS to monitor things. If I use the CTS I'm also going to use it as my tune selector but that's not what I'm really worried about right now is all. Thanks though

·
BACK IN DFW!
389 Posts
What model do you have?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Fill out your Sig so we know what kind of truck

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Stock LB7 bottom end should be good to 500hp, I think. After that, time for a motor build. I would say for a DD, stay around there and you'll definitely have a fun truck.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
You do realize a built trans, tie rod sleeves, EFI Live, exhaust, lift pump and you can get 500RWHP. I'd suggest to just go with that and if its really not enough...you can always go with twins. You're going to need bigger injectors to get the most out of that GT42 also

·
BACK IN DFW!
389 Posts
Stock LB7 bottom end should be good to 500hp, I think. After that, time for a motor build. I would say for a DD, stay around there and you'll definitely have a fun truck.
Ive heard that before but no one I've talked to that has said that has any experience with blowing up a motor.

So far I think it's all hear say.

Now yes you can blow up a stock motor with less power but that has to to with bad tuning.

·
BACK IN DFW!
389 Posts
So if I want 600hp I just need to go ahead and build a motor? Dang thats a lot of money
A lot of it has to do with having a good tune. Efi live with someone who really knows what they are doing. A bad tune can really mess things up FAST.

and like what was already said. If you want that much power you deffinately need a lift pump and a build trans.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
My suggestion would be to call ATP tomorrow morning and talk to Dustin about your plans/goals. He has a truck of your description, and knows how to get it there easiest. Plus, he won't try to sell unnecessary things to you. 208-685-1000

:drink

·
Registered
97 Posts
A lot of it has to do with having a good tune. Efi live with someone who really knows what they are doing. A bad tune can really mess things up FAST.

and like what was already said. If you want that much power you deffinately need a lift pump and a build trans.
ive talked to holton at alligator and also ATP and they have said the same thing... ive heard you can get 600 HP but its going to be in your tuning if its gonna hold it safely or not... i have an LB7 also and ive done all the mods u want to do minus the turbo and i plan on adding a turbo but i wouldnt try to push it over 615-625... everyone says it can handle up 650 BUT its not really something u wanna push because in the end every truck is different

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
i think 500 at the wheels is a alot to just have there ready to go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts