Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about this setup and I have a few questions

1. Any wear issues with the extra linkages required to not lower the torsion bars? (the new part that the front end of the torsion bar goes into instead of the lower a arm)

2. I need to be able to drive at high speeds in 4x4 while towing. Will I need a front driveshaft to keep the driveline vibration down?

3. I am sick of the crappy ride and unpredictable handling while in 4X4 and towing. Can I expect these problems to be repaired by turning my torsion bars down and running this lift?

Thanks a bunch for any input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. havent see any wear in the linkages. even if they wear out in a couple of years there worth it for the look of having the bars against the frame.

2. if i go above 30mph i get a wicked vibration you will probally need a new drive shaft which cognito offers. not everybody has this problem though.

3. my truck bars are cranked halfway so its a little stiff butt i wanted to run 35's. the only other thing i noticed was the 35's are 13.5" wide and make the truck alittle floaty when i tow.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look into the drive shaft then. I havn't seen it advertised anywhere.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
So dave how do you think that thing would hold up w/ a plow on it

Hopefully not as much as this year being Im trying to buy another truck to do most of it.

Cause that money I was thinking a lift with might go towards bedliner from the ground up to about bottom of windows this summer which is more a use to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
So dave how do you think that thing would hold up w/ a plow on it

Hopefully not as much as this year being Im trying to buy another truck to do most of it.

Cause that money I was thinking a lift with might go towards bedliner from the ground up to about bottom of windows this summer which is more a use to me.[/QUOTEe]

i dont know how the lift would work with a plow. it might sit to high or it might put the plow at a weird angle. what made u want to coat the hole truck?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i'll come by and show you why.. that last storm did a number on the paint and plenty of little dents everywhere. I would not have to do shit if I did that and as weird as it is.. thats me haha! I'de pull it off. Summer project I think Im gonna do. Lift sounds nice but then again all that horse power and can't use it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'll come by and show you why.. that last storm did a number on the paint and plenty of little dents everywhere. I would not have to do shit if I did that and as weird as it is.. thats me haha! I'de pull it off. Summer project I think Im gonna do. Lift sounds nice but then again all that horse power and can't use it.
dude u think ur truck got screwed up eric brewers truck had a barn fall on his lifted f150. our shop truck truck got all types of dented up to.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thinking about this setup and I have a few questions

1. Any wear issues with the extra linkages required to not lower the torsion bars? (the new part that the front end of the torsion bar goes into instead of the lower a arm)

2. I need to be able to drive at high speeds in 4x4 while towing. Will I need a front driveshaft to keep the driveline vibration down?

3. I am sick of the crappy ride and unpredictable handling while in 4X4 and towing. Can I expect these problems to be repaired by turning my torsion bars down and running this lift?

Thanks a bunch for any input.
1. No wear issues and I've had both versions.

2. The front driveline is the way to go.

3. I tow a 12k toyhauler and pull out onto the sand all the time. Keep your CV's nearly flat and you'll be good.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply Copter. I'm thinking of just doing the lift and checking how I like it for vibrations. If I need the Drive shaft it is good to know that one is available that takes all the measuring and crap out of having a custom driveshaft that won't vibrate. Man I'm looking forward to turning these torsion bars down and having a good riding truck again. I'm a couple paychecks away from making a move now!
That's a NICE toyhauler! What make is it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. Its made by Coachmen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.