Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading some of the threads and I could sure use some help. I have 05 D/A LLY. All stock. What is the purpose of installing a Throttle Body Spacer? Second ? What is meant by egr blocker? A statement of "fingered and plugged" totally threw me. What might that be?

I understand that 05 LLY have overheat problems. Mine got pretty warm pulling 12K 5W on I17 North of PHX. What changes did GM make in 06 or 07 to fix this? Thanhs a lot for any help on the above. I'm awful green on this diesel stuff. Have a lot to learn.

Bill

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
WElcome to the site Bill!!!

AS for the throttle body spacer there really is no gain on a diesel engine with one, especially since they dont have a throttle body!!!! AS for the egr blocker it keeps hot exhaust gasses from re entering the engine and raisinr intake temps and it also keept the intake side of the engine alot cleaner inside! THe finger stick is a small device that keeps the CEL (check engine light) from setting for egr codes when the egr blocker is installed or a open exhaust system is installed!!!

WHat they changed in the 06/07s to fix the problem, i dont know but it seems to have worked!!!!!!!

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site Bill
i have a 05 LLY dually and very seldom does it ever get to warm but it has at times run hotter then normal unlike my 06 LBZ who doesn't ever run hot..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bill

If you live in Phoenix, you might want to look up killerbee, he understands your challenges, especially the heat issues. As summer moves in, it will only get worse. The TD-EOC workes extremely well to strangle that issue.

LLY Heat Article

Remedies

The LBZ models have a bit more control over the problem, but they can still get hot. It seems much of the improvement is in the new PCM and some larger radiator surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts