Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting the 7" 2001-2010 GM 2500HD 4WD High Clearance Lift Kit

7" 2001-2010 GM 2500HD 4WD High Clearance Lift Kit | Jack-It, The Suspension Experts

and it says down below that "20 inch wheels with 5 inch - 5.75 inch backspacing recommended to reduce trimming. ", but i am looking at this tire/wheel combo and I was curious to how much trimming i would have to do? I already have some of my front bumper shaved. I am looking at going with offroad bumper here soon though.

here is my wheel/tire combo.
20x12 Black Fuel Krank D517 8x6 5 44 Wheels 37x13 50R20LT Tires | eBay

·
Registered
678 Posts
i have the same lift and with that set up the angles are going to be horrible. You can do the elf mod and clear no problem with good angles.

·
Registered
971 Posts
With a 4.75 backspacing according to the eBay listing that would put the outside edge farther outside the outside of your fender. That would put the center of your tire farther out and width of the center is wider. How much more you would have to trim would depend on the tread pattern. My guess is you won't know exactly until you mount a tire and turn the steering wheel. It will probably be more apt to rub on the front fender well rear side the most due to the negative offset.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the same lift and with that set up the angles are going to be horrible. You can do the elf mod and clear no problem with good angles.
What lift would you recommend then? I want to fit 37's. I just don't want to be like everyone else around here and just have a 6 inch and 35's

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually just looked online and correct me if I am wrong, but this is a NTBD lift right? so my angles could look like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes that lift is NTBD. But NTBD does not have anything to do with your angles. You will need to crank the torsion bars further to raise the front of the truck for the larger tires to fit. When you raise the front of the truck the angles get steeper. NTBD basically just relocates the torsion bar to have more stock look so you do not see the torsion bars on a lifted truck. You will likely have to do some trimming on the fender/bumper to run that large of a tire/rim offset. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
678 Posts
What lift would you recommend then? I want to fit 37's. I just don't want to be like everyone else around here and just have a 6 inch and 35's
you would need to reshape your fenders and buy a aftermarker bumper to fit 20x12 and 37s on it with good angles. i would say atleast a 9inch lift cranked down a bit if you dont want to do the elf mod and have good angles.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you have a classic body style they fit bigger tires a little better than the newer trucks. It looks like you can fit 37's with that lift but with a -44offset wheel i would have to guess that you would rub bad.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have a classic body style they fit bigger tires a little better than the newer trucks. It looks like you can fit 37's with that lift but with a -44offset wheel i would have to guess that you would rub bad.
Yea I am a classic body style. Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I pull the trigger. I guess ill figure out something else for wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts