Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting my trans built next week. With Kory's built trans tuning and the billet 3794 I should be close to if not over 600hp. Now I don't race, sled pull, however like most guys it'll get let loose here and there on the street. Are rods a major concern at that power level, how about head gaskets? Also With Tie Rod Sleeves Are Boosted Launches Fairly safe?

I should add I have pitman and idler arm braces.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The stock center link does not like boosted launches. I've seen someone take it out on the first launch after adding tie rod sleeves.

·
Registered
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ 4x4
502 Posts
A straight center link with sleeves and you will be fine on boosted launches, I've launched mine at 25-30lbs and its held up good.

If your not racing or pulling, you should be fine, of course anything can happen though.

This setup has been on my truck for over 50K miles and it had held up good to racing and daily driving. The race tune is ~700hp range. I don't usually drive much on that tune mostly on trips to get good mileage and occasional fooling around.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What other mods have you done to your truck? Fill out your sig please. I would suggest head studs. How many miles are your truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts