Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2019 GMC Denali 3500 last July. Shortly after purchase, I did a few small mods, namely a Kryptonite Stage 3 Leveling kit with Bilstein Shocks. I coupled this with a set of 18x9 Fuel Lethal Wheels in the Death Metal color, with a +20mm offset and 285/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Also, since this truck was purchased to do some serious work pulling our 40’ 5th wheel, I installed a set of Airlift Load Lifter 5000 airbags. The end result looked like this!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is where the title of this thread starts to make more sense...I decided to purchase an Echomaster Trailer Camera System so I could see around the monster of a toy hauler we have. This system has blinker cameras that go on the bottom of the GM factory tow mirrors and allows two additional cameras. This system integrates into the factory radio unit. I got it with the CHMSL (3rd Brake Light) camera and the wireless camera that goes on the back of the 5th wheel so you can see behind it. However, this is where the snowball effect all began! Installing this system requires you to take apart the dash, door panels and mirrors to install. So over the next 4-6 months, I convinced myself to start purchasing other accessories that I thought would be advantageous to install while I had the whole thing torn apart. This laid way to the following list of additional purchases:
  • Boost Auto Switchback mirror lights
  • Black mirror caps
  • 8” Sub and box to go under the center console
  • Banks Derringer
  • Banks iDash SuperGuages and Data Monster
  • Ventpod Guage pods (Center console and Drivers side vent)
  • Airlift 72000 Wireless Air Contoller
Before long, I had quite the pile stacking up in the garage. The task was starting to seem pretty daunting as I needed to get these installs done before camping season so I didn’t have the truck down taking time away from out camping trips. Then came the March lockdown. I know had the perfect time to tear into this project. Here are some pictures of the carnage and the finished product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did your truck have 5th wheel prep package or did you install after market ? If after market what did you use?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did your truck have 5th wheel prep package or did you install after market ? If after market what did you use?
Mine came with the factory prep package. On past trucks I used the B&W Turnover Ball setup and the Companion hitch. I like the 4 point attachment on the factory setup because I can use a Sidewinder hitch so I can do full 90 degree turns with a shortbed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine came with the factory prep package. On past trucks I used the B&W Turnover Ball setup and the Companion hitch. I like the 4 point attachment on the factory setup because I can use a Sidewinder hitch so I can do full 90 degree turns with a shortbed.
Thank you. I have a Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS due in next month . Trading 35’ travel trailer in for 5th wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts