Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with a performance exhaust system for a 2007 GMC classic with an lbz duramax that is quiet while towing. The last two vehicles I have towed with had performance exhaust and here it the mountains they were both too loud for the family to enjoy the trip. One had magnaflow and the other had Borla. The were both gas engines but had a terrible harmonic in the cab while under a high load. I have heard the Diesels are actually worese for this than a gas engine. Thanks, Paul.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
With your turbo, the MBRP kits are very reasonable, and I have found the only complaints are that they are too quiet. I recently did a muffler removal for a customer who wanted a little more sound. I think you will be very pleased with the sound and better performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My neighbor just put the Banks duals on his 07 LBZ, it sounds just a little louder than my stock LBZ, but it is not loud. I don't think the diesel will be as loud as the gas motors.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah if you run a muffled 4'' system it wont be very loud at all but it will flow and sound alot better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently installed a 4" Stainless MBRP system on my 07 classic ( turbo back)
cat removed with MBRP muffler. Very little(if any) difference inside the cab even with a load.
Outside the cab its alot deeper exhaust note ,but not much louder. More turbo whistle outside. Very little inside.

Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does the 2006 LBZ have any sensors on the cat to worry about? I am going for the muffled 4" turbo back system next week. It shows on my profile now.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I have an 06 2500 HD with an LBZ motor. I installed a MBRP 4" turbo back sysytem (with a muffler) and removed the cat. found no difference in the cab, but it sure breathes better!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can a dealer tell by the VIN?

·
Registered
38 Posts
And what do I do to solve the issue if there are sensors?

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,975 Posts
And what do I do to solve the issue if there are sensors?
My LBZ did not have any sensors in the exhaust, I think it is only the new bodystyle with the DPF that have any kind of sensor in the exhaust. Tyler was right about the code throwin, it is hit or miss. If you buy a programmer you can usually get rid of the code:D You also get more power its win/win

1 - 12 of 12 Posts