Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this isnt technically gasoline, but a lot of folks call it a gas R/C car lol.
Anyone got any nitro r/c machines? I bought this thing a couple years ago... Its a lot of fun and fast as hell but the stock components break pretty easily when you smoke a solid object at high speed lol. So far I've broken or bent upper and lower control arms, hubs, a battery box, a wheelie bar, a carburetor, and some steering linkage.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used to have one it was way fun but it took too much money for me to keep it going

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I used to have the jato but to much money to keep them going... Still got one old nitro stadium truck and more into nitro tunnel boats got 3 of them and due to construction and out of town work didn't use them once last year.... Also with my boats I run 40-60 percent nitro!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeah i have a savage and its pretty freakin awesome but way to much money to keep them running and just to much money for them period. I paid 600 for mine about a year ago.

·
I Drive a gasser
728 Posts
I had a nitro that I wrecked, then I got an E-Maxx. I'l upload pictures, you have to see this thing. I had about $2000 invested, it could pull my friends in a wagon! Pics coming soon...

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
i had a 2.5 T-maxx, 3.3 T-maxx, 2.5 S-maxx and a electric stampede. they were a blast, when they were running. but they were a pain to maintain. $5 for one glow plug and if you didnt tune them correctly, ud go though 7-9 glow plugs every gallon of fuel. and when the temp changed, the tuning needed adjust...they were a just a pain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the Jato is pretty finicky when it comes to the tune. Richen it up when it gets cold and try to run it after it warms up and it smokes like hell and runs like ass. Guess thats just what you get into with such small engines. When you get it tuned right tho, holy moley the thing is ridiculous. I think I've been thru about 3 or 4 glow plugs and I've almost burned a gallon. Had the thing over 2 years and thats all I've run it lol

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I have the revo 3.3 and it rocks
You should build a hitch for it and I will make a trailer for my boats so you can tow them to the lake:rof

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
full race Jammin truggy and buggy and a few other nitros but the local track got shut down so I'm kind of over it right now

looking at getting an electric plane for kicks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No track for these cars or trucks anywhere close to me that I know of, but fortunately I have a decent size backyard to run it in. My new house will be on about 2 acres so I'll definitely have enuf space there hehe

·
ROTM STAFF
2,802 Posts
I got a GS storm Truggy....high 60's low 70's,...depending on gearing....I normally gear it to run in the 40's,...but have retarded torque.

I modified it to have a cold air intake, ...and I piped a helicopter fuel tank on the back to it keep it from having rich/lean issues(anyone that has a Nitro RC knows what I mean), ...and it also won't stall when it flips over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have 2 Revo 3.3's one is all stock the other has been completely rebuilt carbon fiber chassis all aluminum suspension peco .26 red dot engine if they make the part in aluminum the truck has it. I also have an RS4 onroad car and Rio 51 rc boat with a 26cc gas engine. I wish I had bought the dmax before I got into rc cars the truck would be alot faster!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have a t-maxx and nitro vee boat, to much work for me i havnt used them in a year or so. now i have a dmax my money is going to that and my jeep. its way easier to just unplug my rc rock crawler and use that no fuel to worry about and it always starts lol

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
i have an s-maxx with the 4wd mod havnt ran it in a year dont have time and its just too high maintnance. Would sell it so its not sitting in the garage

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
I Just happen to snap this pic in my office (since its sitting in here lol) of the truck that started it all for me....

A Stock T-Maxx I bought like 5 years ago. I did a extended chassis, a big block conversion (ofna .21) offset wheels, better servos, suction fuel tank, steel CVs, aluminum skid plates, FOC, big bore shocks, roto start. Just got done cleaning it up the other night, I was thinking about playing with it.

I also have a HPI RS4 3Evo With the BMW body, with a upgraded set of gears, better ervos, and better receiver.

A traxxas Nitro 4 tec, pretty much stock except wheels/tires, body.

A Revo, pretty much stock, better reciver, better servos, tires/wheels, body. (taken apart at the moment).

Also have an older mugen seiki buggy (somewhat apart in closet). I have all kinds of things done to it. Way too much money in it :rof

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a tmaxx 2.5 with an os.18 motor in it. I also have a losi xxxt with a mamba brushless motor and speed control and lipo batteries, it does about 55-60 mph. Also have a Losi mini rock crawler, losi 1/10 rock crawler, assocoatiated b44 buggy with a mambe brushless motor and speed control. I also have a little 1/18 brp race car for on-road racing and a sportwerx recoil sedan. I race the brp and recoil in the winter indoors on a carpet on-road track. The b44 and xxxt i race outside in the summer on an off-road clay track. The two rock crawlers i compete in rock crawling competions in the winter indoors and summer outdoors if it doesn't interfer with the race schedule. The tmaxx pretty much just sits, nitro is a pain to tune, and the new brushless and lipo combos are just as fast or faster and way easier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a few a Savage a 20 something year old Kyosho Stinger MKII Jammin buggy two Hellfires a Slash 4x4 a CRT.5 and an HPI Baja that is fairly modded

That is about thirty pounds flying through the air that is the 1/5 scale Baja in both pics

1 - 20 of 22 Posts