Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these, or know of another aftermarket brake system?

I have read several times about needing to change the disc and pads because of warping the OEM disc. I am about to do my brakes, so I am curious what products have been tried and proven before I install some crap that I regret.

Are the R1 Concepts worth the money, do they work well, any issues? Forget about them and go with something else?

Mr. Manners, shoot me a PM with a quote.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Yes, they are good brakes, I put them on my dually and on the 3/4 ton. I got the Premium Drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for just under $600 shipped. Once Willie gets you a quote, you may want to either have him call or you call using his affiliate ID for the purchase though. they have issues with their website hosting I think as it is always going down. I am calling them today to find out what the deal is with their site.

Now, as for customer service, I like it. When you call to ask questions they are extremely helpful with what you ask them about, not what they want to have you hear. They also have fast order processing and shipping to go along with it.

My recommendation? Anyone looking at upgrading their brakes should give Willie a shout and have him hook you up, it is WELL worth it and the brakes seem to be of outstanding quality!!!

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you hear any squeal when they are new, I know some GM trucks have a squeal even with new brakes, I don't think it is pad wear squeal, just sounds like it.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
that setup does look sweet

for what its worth though i upgraded to high performance hawk pads (the purple ones) and noticed a pretty significant difference.. just a heads up. would love the full setup though

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you do anything with the disc?

Can anyone elaborate on the disc warping on these trucks?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
same factory rotors,...i beat on mine pretty darn hard and i never had a problem with them warping.....doesn't mean it couldn't happen though

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same factory rotors,...i beat on mine pretty darn hard and i never had a problem with them warping.....doesn't mean it couldn't happen though
I haven't noticed anything, but figured what the heck, if I am going to do it, might as well do all of it.

Also, thanks for clearing it up, I was meaning rotors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts