Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the race fuel valve located
wats the difference in a shim kit compared to the race fuel valve
I am replacing my fuel pressure regulator valve and since I have pretty much everything outta the way I am looking to do either one of the two

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Drivers side rail at the back of the rail. I went with a race plug on my lmm since the valve was relieved. The install isn't to bad. The instructions that came with mine were really good and got me through it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where u order users from

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Syntheticmotorsports.com from mrmanners on here. Willie is very helpful. I've gotten just about everything from him

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
I think that the difference between the two is the fact that a shimmed valve will still dump pressure under a high enough load but the full race valve will not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but that's what I understood from it. I hear a shimmed kit is a safer way to go

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I think that the difference between the two is the fact that a shimmed valve will still dump pressure under a high enough load but the full race valve will not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but that's what I understood from it. I hear a shimmed kit is a safer way to go

The shim kit is the "safer" yes... But never has a race valve done anything that a shim valve wouldn't do. It's logically safer, not physically

1 - 6 of 6 Posts