Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am confused. I ordered from PPE what I thought was the plug that goes at the back of the fuel rail, but what I got was threaded on both ends. Where does this thing go? Looks like it’s not the part I need for the back of the rail. Not much I got even from PPE. Which part causes the 1093 code? I want to go ahead and do this while im replacing the CP3

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
The feed line on the rail has a small pinhole to feed the rail, the fitting you have replaces that, has a larger hole in that. The race valve replaces the pressure relief valve that opens when there is a pressure spike or surge in the fuel line. The valve gets weak over time and eventually people sstart to see a low rail pressure code and lose of power, usually when its hot out or when pulling a hill, the race valve eliminates this. Send back the plug, buy the valve.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The package I have says race valve. But it’s threaded on both ends. One male one female. It’s not the small fuel fitting piece that some people drill out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts