Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my very close friends has a 07 tundra extended cab 4wd trd but thinks it’s god’s gift to trucks and is contently running his mouth so I want to race him to shut him up and he also thinks he can keep up with me towing too. his truck is all stock but my concern is that I am lifted and on 35s. what do you guys think the outcome would be?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
how big of a tune u running, they are decent stock ive driven all configurations fastest i found them to be is a extended 2wd it would spin the tires all day. but if u are running a big enough tune then u can beat him i have with my 150 tune but im stock height and on smaller than 33s

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Is it supercharged?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about running him first with the 80 tune and have 130 tune in the bag just in case.....

No he is not supercharged... completely stock

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
run him on the 130 i think ur to heavy for the 80 and make sure u boost launch in 2wd( prolly should do some practicing like that) from a stop without boost launching u will lose im thinking

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
you can be asleep at the start, wake up, start your truck, put it in gear, release the parking brake, and still beat him. its a fawking tundra for god sakes.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
you can be asleep at the start, wake up, start your truck, put it in gear, release the parking brake, and still beat him. its a fawking tundra for god sakes.
x2... i shat on a tundra up a hill back when i had my edge... non boost start, he gunned it so i decided to also.. a few seconds later he was choking on smoke:smoke

·
Registered
984 Posts
I was running my PPE on Tune #3 (160hp) towing a 6000lb boat from the ramp only was supposed to be a 3mile trip so no worries.......but then came across another buddy with a lifted 6.0L Powersmoke........he wanted to play!!! He jumped the gun when we were both coming around in the turn lane (two-wide) when we straightened out he punches it :rofl

needless to say his two-1/2 truck jump turned into my two-1/2 truck N' boat lead within 1000'

His jaw dropped and called my buddy that was riding with me and said WTF does that thing have done to it! hahahaha I wish I had a camera he was so dazed and confused when the @ss end of the boat was almost 3trucks in front of him!

I'll say you will spank him, but he wants you to tow??? your already 4times the truck he is someone is scurrred in yota land!

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts
one of my very close friends has a 07 tundra extended cab 4wd trd but thinks it’s god’s gift to trucks and is contently running his mouth so I want to race him to shut him up and he also thinks he can keep up with me towing too. his truck is all stock but my concern is that I am lifted and on 35s. what do you guys think the outcome would be?
my best buddy has a 07 tundra and I think stock LMM and stock tundra is a very close race. About 300hp to the ground between the two trucks but Dmax is heavier with more torque. No way the tundra will out tow.

we both have 35" tires now and mine not stock will blow his doors off :gearjamin

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Stock lmm's will keep up with a stock tundra, tell him to put a 10k trailer and race him. That thing will look broken next to the duramax beating it up in everything except being homo!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Really??? a tundra vs EFI-tuned Damx... you better win for America son :rof

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Really??? a tundra vs EFI-tuned Damx... you better win for America son :rof
Sad thing is that the duramax has less American parts..
I believe Toyota is becoming American..gm is now more worldwide..they have plants in Thailand for duramax colorado's...or so diesel power mag says..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sad thing is that the duramax has less American parts..
I believe Toyota is becoming American..gm is now more worldwide..they have plants in Thailand for duramax colorado's...or so diesel power mag says..
No i know that, i know that Toyota is mainly in built here now... but im just gonna be like the rest of us American citizens and beilve whatever helps me sleep at night :D haha just kidding

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
No i know that, i know that Toyota is mainly in built here now... but im just gonna be like the rest of us American citizens and beilve whatever helps me sleep at night :D haha just kidding
Lol, I hate tundras, prius', camrys, venzas, yaris', etc etc.

I also hate the "luxury" imports like Infiniti and Lexus. Those cars aren't worth half of what they cost. Jmo.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I beat one around here with my old predator on the tow tune with ease you should very easily win with efi.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My truck is still new to me so i am going to practice launching her first and then see how it going.

Stock lmm's will keep up with a stock tundra, tell him to put a 10k trailer and race him. That thing will look broken next to the duramax beating it up in everything except being homo!
I actually said that to him

I just got off the phone him because he is thinking about upgrading to a larger toyhauler asked if i think he can tow 11k because that the gvw of one he is looking at. All I said to him is I know i can

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
My truck is still new to me so i am going to practice launching her first and then see how it going.

I actually said that to him

I just got off the phone him because he is thinking about upgrading to a larger toyhauler asked if i think he can tow 11k because that the gvw of one he is looking at. All I said to him is I know i can
Do you happen to have tierods with that lift? I know some companies include larger ones.. If so then set the cv angles flat and do a 4 wheel launch. Without them then don't even bother.

·
Banned
1,914 Posts
Isn't this a place to post kills, not "can I beat him?"'s???? Go and :beat him, then post here. What'll win in a race, a Vette or a Yugo. Well if the vette's motors blown..... Just line 'em up! Post back here when you've spank the Toy yoda.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dude your gunna work him go for it! My last truck was a 1500 silverado with the 5.3 lift 35's exhaust tuner intake etc.. This truck was by NO means fast and I was dead even with my friend's stock tundra. I think you will be surprised with how much faster you are

Oh and there gas compared to diesel towing shouldn't even be compared haha

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Interested in the results???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts