Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddy both own chevys mine is an 08 dpf delete with edge race. his is an 06 edge race. now our other budy owns a 08 6.4L powerchoke with dpf cat delete s&b intake and level 275 spartan tuner. would we beat him in a race or not bother cus he will leave us in the dust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn i figured... what can i do to whoop him.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Trans
airdog 2
twin turbos
efi
loose the lift and big tires
intake
Front end work

Those 6.4s run almost 600hp on the 300hp tunes

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can his trans handle that much power. we have the alison trans

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Bad part is yes. The torque converter is the weak link on those but even they hold up pretty good. Those trans make the allison look like crap. Allison is great on a stock truck or one with small tunes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see i switch from an f150 over to the dmax 2 years ago and was always told dmax with the allison transmission was unstoppable. I love the power even small tunes are super fast. but when he said a 275 hp tune on a pstroke i thought yeah right your trans will be gone.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The 6.4s are great trucks. I like them both. Seems like the d-max is more reliable. Plus hold there value better

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its funny cus he had the edge race first and we both stomped on him. the edge race on the powerstroke sucs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will efi added be close race to his. he is on 35s

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
You only need a trans, lift pump and efi live. Front end parts if you 4x4 launch it. They may make close to 600 with his mods and a bigger tune, but they don't show it in a drag race like a duramax will. They run low low 13's to high 12's with some prep. Duramax's with the mods listed have gone well into the 12's with what's listed. Twins would be what it takes to make him look slow, but otherwise a stock turbo will beat one. I know from experience.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Your lift an tires will kill that though, it's safe to say that if your in the 12's on 38"s then you have more than a stock turbo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so im guessing he doesnt need a lift pump. im starting to think ford designed the trucks to have serious custom tunes

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNF48RqCpQ6K1Ymd72ab0MjnPtWBmQ&cad=rja

I see mid 12s on psn all the time. spartan and H&S tunes run hard

The twin turbos help those trucks a lot along with there solid front end.

Seems like they have a lot of problems after 100000 miles. Have seen a lot of cooling issues, bad turbos and high pressure fuel pump.
Let's put it this way, my 60' was way worse than that guys but my et was quicker. Street trim, crappy tires, trans lift pump tierods and efilive That being said, the duramax would pull on a psd from a roll with those few mods. With a better set of tires it would be a much larger gap in the 1/4.
I don't know that guys full mods list (suspension, tires, etc)

I will say this, launching a ford is alot easier than an ifs chevy!
Also, the 6.4 will make more power easier, but if no track preppig is done to either truck the duramax will prevail due to it's weight and near numbers in power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now on to cummings. ive been going on there slow and just throw smoke to look fast. but can pull.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts