Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 Classic 4x4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this was already answered. I’m new to forums and couldn’t find a write up (if there is one)

Owner before me put in a mishimoto radiator and it is leaking in a few places. I’m more than likely going to go back with an OEM radiator and going to be doing it myself. Is there a how to write up on the radiator replacement for an LBZ?

Also is there any other maintenance/replacing that should be done while I have the radiator out?

·
Registered
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ, Z71 4x4
51 Posts
Mishimoto has a life time craftsmanship warranty. I’d give them a call just to see if they can help, they make great stuff. I’m not sure if they will help seeing as you didn’t purchase the radiator but hey it doesn’t hurt to ask.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Mishimoto has a life time craftsmanship warranty. I’d give them a call just to see if they can help, they make great stuff. I’m not sure if they will help seeing as you didn’t purchase the radiator but hey it doesn’t hurt to ask.
I know they’ve got a good warranty but I’ve heard of nothing but failed parts from them, personally.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know they’ve got a good warranty but I’ve heard of nothing but failed parts from them, personally.
I hate to admit it but I listened to the hype and was sold an Ecoboost, they are loved over there and no complaints that I have heard. Maybe their stuff just last longer the Ford parts😂.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I called and they offered $100 off a new one. But I’ve heard so many people having issues with them leaking I don’t want to go through the trouble of replacing it again lol

So, any how to’s?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try youtube. GM service manual just says remove fan and shroud, remove upper and lower radiator hose, bleed hose at the top, radiator bolts, then remove radiator. Sorry no pictures. Mishimoto has a video on YouTube also. Watch them and the you should be good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try youtube. GM service manual just says remove fan and shroud, remove upper and lower radiator hose, bleed hose at the top, radiator bolts, then remove radiator. Sorry no pictures. Mishimoto has a video on YouTube also. Watch them and the you should be good to go.
Thanks! Just watched the mishimoto video and it was very in depth. Gonna give it a shot

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
while you have it out, clean the rest of the cooling stack.

Reactions: duramaxsky
1 - 9 of 9 Posts