Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I just screwed up big. I was replacing my trans lines tonight because 1 started leaking. I'm replacing them with full length hydraulic hose. Well after getting all the lines out I started removing the factory fittings and replacing them. As I start hand screwing them into the radiator the trans cooler in the radiator falls into the radiator. So I pulled the radiator just imaging how much its going to cost. Look at where the trans cooler was and I was able to pull it where it should be. It doesn't appear to be " glued" in , in any way just seals with orings with pressure applied by the fitting. Can this be right? Am I going to have to pony up the cash for a new radiator or just tighten the fittings and everything is good? Please guys I need help with this one.

·
Banned
24,083 Posts
"the trans cooler in the radiator falls into the radiator"

Huh? Got a pic?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the passenger side there are two fittings on the radiator. Its the small trans cooler built into the passenger side tank of the radiator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.