Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old bose amp died and I got a replacement from the junkyard. does it need to be programmed with a tech 2 to work? My radio works, and my rear headphone jacks work so I know the radio is sending audio out to the amp. Radio Amp fuse is good and not blown. Please advise

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
My old bose amp died and I got a replacement from the junkyard. does it need to be programmed with a tech 2 to work? My radio works, and my rear headphone jacks work so I know the radio is sending audio out to the amp. Radio Amp fuse is good and not blown. Please advise
i dont know this for sure, because ive always recommended an aftermarket replacement of the bose amp as they tend to be better, however the bose amp is data turn on, which means it is a part of the data network and could be vin locked like the radio. If its not working and you know it came from a working vehicle then its likely vin locked to the old truck. One thing to note, not EVERY speaker is passed through the amp, your headphone jacks may very well work with the amp disconnected all together.

one thing also to note, if you replace the radio with an aftermarket its very easy to bypass the bose amp, and you will get about the same output power from an aftermarket radio that the bose amp is capable of putting out, and you dont have the wonky factory preset tuning issues. Depending on how much that bose amp cost (since they are pretty spendy from what my customers have told me) it might be cheaper, easier, and more reliable to go with an aftermarket and delete the bose amp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts