Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a pioneer avh-x4700bs in my 06 lbz NON BOSE truck. I ordered a metra axxess aswc-1 sterring wheel control in a package deal off amazon. But after doing more research im wondering if i shouldnt have got a pac c2r-gm24?? I found this after doing some research on diesel place forum. But im still confused on the differences? Am i good to go with what i got or should order the pac unit instead? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
301 Posts
do you have Onstar in your truck? I have it in my 06 LBZ but its not in use. I put a pioneer in my truck last year and got the Metra GMOS-04 wiring harness for it, I have the Bose system. It retains onstar, factory door chimes and safety warnings. I have steering wheel controls but elected not to get the extra harness ( Metra ASWC-1, you got) to keep those. I never really used them anyway. To answer your question that harness will work to keep your steering wheel controls. You didnt state whether you got the GMOS though or not so if you didnt you will need a wiring harness to install. Crutchfield.com is great for researching what you need, take a look there. The GMOS -04 is for amplified systems but you said you dont have Bose so i'm sure the GMOS-01 would be fine for you and its cheaper.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I'm installing a pioneer avh-x4700bs in my 06 lbz NON BOSE truck. I ordered a metra axxess aswc-1 sterring wheel control in a package deal off amazon. But after doing more research im wondering if i shouldnt have got a pac c2r-gm24?? I found this after doing some research on diesel place forum. But im still confused on the differences? Am i good to go with what i got or should order the pac unit instead? Thanks for any help!
well the ASWC1 is not a harness, its just for steering wheel controls, you would need the GMOS 01 also, or the pack harness should do both.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the pack harness you are talking about? If i understand this right, i guess they only thing ill really lose it the RAP, if all i do is use the aswc1. I'll just have to run a wire for 12v power? Or am I wrong on that? If i am wrong, is ther not a single harness that can do everything for me? Steering wheel controls,RAP (which is not that big of deal to me), mainly just want to keep steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
what is the pack harness you are talking about? If i understand this right, i guess they only thing ill really lose it the RAP, if all i do is use the aswc1. I'll just have to run a wire for 12v power? Or am I wrong on that? If i am wrong, is ther not a single harness that can do everything for me? Steering wheel controls,RAP (which is not that big of deal to me), mainly just want to keep steering wheel controls.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

this retains everything in 1 module and gives you navigation outputs for the radio.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question (hopefully). With the pac rp5gm11, is that all I would need? It looks like it comes with the harness to clip to my factory harness. Right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
One more question (hopefully). With the pac rp5gm11, is that all I would need? It looks like it comes with the harness to clip to my factory harness. Right?

correct, it will also retain steering wheel controls and onstar if it still works. (06 was the cut off for analog, so it might, it might not) it also appears to have the antenna adapter in the kit too, so the only extra part you would need is a dash kit to fit the radio you purchased. (5-15 bucks or so on amazon)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got radio all hooked up everything works great except I'm having trouble with hands free calling. Person on other end of call can hear me fine but I have no sound out of speakers. I've tried turning sound all the way up. Any ideas on problem? Electronics Vehicle Car Multimedia Vehicle audio

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive been doing ton of research trying to figure this thing out. i went with the pac rp5gm11 by the way. it all works great other than no audio output when on phone call. i tried unhooking mute wire. no change, even with mute wire unhooked it still works the same, call comes in music mutes but i just cant hear any sound, other person hears me fine. i read where several people with chryslers had this same exact problem they were all told to wire rear inputs to front. would this be something i should try?

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
theres probably a setting on the deck that plays calls through front or all speakers, it needs to be set to all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ended up calling pioneer, they wanted me to fade sound to front, I told them I didn't have option to fade to front only left to right. So found out reason for that was that I was in network mode instead of standard mode. Put it in standard mode, able to fade to front and rear and now all is good on hands free calling. Hope this helps someone out sometime doing a similar install. Thanks for your help j83.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Can you get a daytime photo of the stereo?

thx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Dukemax, How bright is the face at night? Is it annoying ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Black05dmax, it's not annoying at all, to me anyway. I think it's fits in nice. I plan on doing led conversion soon and I think it will match even better then. I did try some other logos with white in background, now those were kinda bright. I didn't care for those (I'll post one) wish I could find duramax logo with dark background.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the darker look , most definitely. I appreciate the pics to look at. I am planning on an upgrade. Just trying to decide which unit will be best.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.