Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all let me start sy saying that i have read every thread i could find on this. when i bought the truck the rear speakers did not work. no big deal i thought will fix in the spring. three days ago i lost my drivers speaker on the way to work, then i lost my pass speaker on the way home. the next day the drivers rear speaker came on for about one min then back to all dead. now all i have are the pillar speakers. I pulled console and checked connections at amp everything looks good. ohh and my door chime is out also. what do you think guys????? :confused: :help

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The voice coils in the speakers themselves could be a little sticky.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its just weard that thay both went out the same day, then the rear came on for a short while.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Does the truck have flood damage or something? I've never heard of this before. There's not a whole lot to go wrong I'd think. But I'm guessing either your stereo or amp is bad, one or the other.

Time for an upgrade, right? :rof

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no flood damage but i did do major f up 2 months ago. i got sideways on icy road over corrected hit a bank doing 50 head on.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
needless to say my upgrades as of late, new bumper, lower valance,grill, and had to bring frame back to factory specs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts