Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2007 ccsb with the bose and center console.have an issue need some help.i have to turn the volume over half way to be able to hear the radio but when you first turn the switch on or toggle from aux to cd to radio for like 2 seconds it's blasting loud the back to where you can't hear it.any ideas?
Also the steering wheel controls will toggle between settings but i can't change any of the settings?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know the Bose systems have an amp.. maybe two.. I'm not sure exactly but I know they're amped. Sounds like maybe the tweeters or something like that are not amped but everything else is so when you turn the radio on the amp(s) are on but then something causes them to go into protection mode and you are left with only your tweeters.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Have a 2007 ccsb with the bose and center console.have an issue need some help.i have to turn the volume over half way to be able to hear the radio but when you first turn the switch on or toggle from aux to cd to radio for like 2 seconds it's blasting loud the back to where you can't hear it.any ideas?
Also the steering wheel controls will toggle between settings but i can't change any of the settings?

Thanks
my guess is the bose amp is toast, wouldent be the first, no way it will be the last.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts