Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rail pressure is at about 11,000 under load but in park is normal. I have an AD165 that im changing the filters on asap. If the filters are clogged could that ruin rail pressure that bad? Im sure my cp3 pump is garbage as well and is the main cause. Have a new cp3 coming to me as we speak. Injectors are new and no white smoke and tested good so ik thats not the issue. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Christian

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Youre pretty much on the right track. Change filters, already going to change cp3.

If those things dont fix it id look at collapsing fuel lines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks. Im hoping that after I change the filters rail pressure will be back to normal. The cp3 was replaced a little over a year ago by the previous owner.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Alright thanks. Im hoping that after I change the filters rail pressure will be back to normal. The cp3 was replaced a little over a year ago by the previous owner.
Wow id focus on filters and collapsing lines then. How many miles on the filters? Deleted stock filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the truck 2 weeks ago and i asked the guy if he changed it and said it wasnt on there long enough to change yet. He has all 3 filters. Im gonna delete the cab filter and use the ADfilters. The guy who tunes my truck showed me the tune it had in it before he deleted it and they tuned around the low rail pressure just so it would run. He said if it was factory stock it would fall on its face the pressure is so low.

·
Registered
129 Posts
had about the same prob if you use the efi and command 23000 at the rails and don't get it
(like me 15000 at best) i did every thing first but the only fix was cp3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts