Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I figured I might as well start my build thread. As we all know, these things don't stay stock for very long. :D

2 weeks ago, I picked up my first Duramax. A very sexy 2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT SRW in Stone Blue Metallic on Cocoa Dune leather interior.

Coming from a 2001 F250 with the 7.3L PSD and 252K miles on the clock.

We recently bought a new/bigger toyhauler and although the Ford towed it fine, I know I was over the "on paper" limits and god forbid anything happened while towing that I may or may not have been covered for if claimed it was due to the weight.

So I started doing my usual research and ordered my duramax back in August. After constraints were lifted, they started building it and it got to the dealer mid-November.

Here we are now and I've got lots of stuff that I want to do to make this new truck, my own.
Thank you all in advance for answering my questions and providing guidance on this new journey.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do I start... floor mats, bed liner, 5th wheel, wheels & tires, small lift kit, fender flares, LED lighting, something to replace the crazy amounts of chrome, etc...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Line-X did a great job with the bed liner. It's on there thick! Cut out a hole for the 7-way plug in the bed and it's 3/16" thick!!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Nice truck. What dealer did you get it from?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
LOL Hate to say it but you had the best ford they ever made!
I'm loving my blue and it really turns heads, what's you plans to lessen the chrome other than change the wheels.
Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice truck. What dealer did you get it from?
Thanks. Tim's Auto Group in Prescott, AZ.

LOL Hate to say it but you had the best ford they ever made!
I'm loving my blue and it really turns heads, what's you plans to lessen the chrome other than change the wheels.
Tim
I've been following your build thread as well. Yeah that 7.3 Ford is a very capable machine. They don't call it the million mile motor for nothing. Too bad the rest of the truck isn't as durable. But wow, the creature comforts in our trucks now 14 years later... is it me or the new ones just feels a little fragile (maybe it's just cuz it's new)
As far as "lessening the chrome goes". I saw on here or another forum someone striped the grill surround to prep for paint. So I'll probably do the same and get it painted blue. Maybe do the same to the mirrors.
I'm not sure what to do with the bumpers, I originally wanted to wrap them in a flat black vinyl. Will vinyl adhere well to chrome?
Then I was thinking of continuing the flat black wrap on the bushwhacker fender flares and then a 12-14" strip down the rockers.
Open to suggestions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5th wheel rails installed this morning and PullRite SuperGlide hitch moved over from the old truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And why not... let's throw in the WeatherTech FloorLiners...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sub'ed to see what happens to chrome and to add my input once my blue/cocoa Sierra arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Nice looking 3500

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·