Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out of fuel and i put 5 gallons of diesel into the tank and primed the fuel filter valve until all the bubbles came out and just straight diesel was coming out. Any other suggestions or short cuts?

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Prim for a little bit and give it a few cranks. Repeat until it starts it should fire after a little bit.

·
Registered
915 Posts
X2^ prime it like you did until fuel comes out the bleeder screw. close the bleeder screw and prime some more. I know its a PIA

·
Registered
426 Posts
I ran out of fuel and i put 5 gallons of diesel into the tank and primed the fuel filter valve until all the bubbles came out and just straight diesel was coming out. Any other suggestions or short cuts?
Use the discharge air pressure from a shop vac on the fuel filler neck packed with rags to build up pressure on the fuel system, open the bleeder screw on the FF housing and prime until fuel comes out. Close bleeder and crank.

REMOVE THE SHOP VAC...

Regards,
Keith

Oh yeah - check your "FUEL LOW" indicator. You ought not run long after that indicator warns you....

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Be lucky that's all you had to do.....it happened to me before due to an air leak on the fuel filter.....I was stuck priming and cranking for 45 minutes in a parking lot....no joke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts