Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to push a Cummins out of my way the other day; he was stuck in the snow. Now, after doing this the powder coat is chipped on my bumper. It looks terrible. Are there any bumper rails to cover this up? I could have it repowder coated but, I’m not sure what that cost. This is the second time I have had to save a Cummins, fucking dodges suck!!!!!

I have seen rubber bumper guards to go over the rail below anybody know where I can buy them?

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody???

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Look at Jc whitney They carry alot of rubber trim.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it isn't powder coated, I think it is just black Paint.

·
Registered
592 Posts
not its powder coating. i have a good friend that works for ranch hand and its where i get all my bumpers. its just not very good

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ty_p,

Do they sell some sort of rubber guard for the rails? The bumper looks like crap now!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
what about those big rubber piece that bolt onto the bumpers of tow truck that would be sweet alot of cushion also

·
Registered
592 Posts
i can call tomorrow to see. if they dont im pretty they will know some one that will

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, by the way, I have bought all my bumpers from the boerne store.

I called a few weeks ago and they have no plans on building the raparound dually bumper for NBS.:mad:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ditch the powder coating and put something on a little more durable for pushing Dodge's :D Rhino Line it and you can push all you want :rockin

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been think about doing something like that, just don't know what it would cost

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ty_p were you able to talk to your buddy?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a used bumper that had been in a wreck and had to do some touch up on it and I believed he used Kar products spray paint and it looked pretty good and it's pretty thick.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
shipping would suck but I could repowdercoat it for ya for like $300

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Tough Country in El Campo (Wharton County so not to far from you) will repowder coat your bumper also and they also do bed liner if thats what you decide to do.

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, I do believe shipping would be a killer but, 300 bucks isn't as bad as i thought it would be.....i need to look into this.

Also, will have to look up Kar products

Thanks to you both!!!!

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I could take it down there, I'll have to call them tomorrow. I do need the bed sprayed it's sarting to look like a truck back there.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I want to say that I paid around 150-175 for my back bumper but it was one I built so there was very little prep that had to be done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts