Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these are that good?
i got wheel hop in the front wheel when i launch hard... will these stop it?

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Me, Dmaxchris, Jmazz, Johnasara, Tyler Meyer, etc................. We are all running some combination of Rancho rs 9000's and rs 5000's. I personally run rs5000's for a leveled front end and rs9000's in the rear for stock height..............

And yes, the diffrence in my ride is tremendous............ and she seems to get better traction bc the weight transfer isn't so violent anymore.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm a fan of mine

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Jake, there's no telling with 100% certinity whats causing your wheel hop.

could simply be you launching too hard
could be not grippy enough tires.
could be tie rod flex or centerlink rotation.

bottom line is, will better shocks fix it? maybe. Will you launch better with them? Yes. if you take the time to set them up right.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

bottom line is, will better shocks fix it? maybe. Will you launch better with them? Yes. if you take the time to set them up right.
x100

·
Registered
105 Posts
subscribed!

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

there just shocks how hard can they be:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
there just shocks how hard can they be:rolleyes:
With 9 adjustable settings, setting them too soft or too hard would make a huge difference in how they work. #1 is like having no shocks and #9 is stiffer than stock shocks. So its pretty easy to say that taking the time to set them up properly is very important. Or is that too hard to understand?

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With 9 adjustable settings, setting them too soft or too hard would make a huge difference in how they work. #1 is like having no shocks and #9 is stiffer than stock shocks. So its pretty easy to say that taking the time to set them up properly is very important. Or is that too hard to understand?
you must not of seen my sarcasm in that
but no need to be a dick

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
Hollyyyy deleted post.........................Guess you guys don't like them................

·
Registered
116 Posts
so is it best to do the 5000s in front and the 9000 in the rear?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
LOL don't talk to my bitc...I mean Jake like that....

Only I can speak to him like that.

·
Banned
5,738 Posts
I did it bc rancho does not make the 9000 for a leveled front end...............

Mine rides muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better now..................:D

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
In a pure drag race setup the 9000s do nothing really. You would need a dual adjustable in the front to do the best....like a QA1 setup.

But the 9000s will make it nicer on the street than the 5000s IMO.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I did it bc rancho does not make the 9000 for a leveled front end...............

Mine rides muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better now..................:D
I ran mine with the 9000s in the front when I was leveled....Just used the shock extenders and never had any issues. May depend on the type of leveling kit too.

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL don't talk to my bitc...I mean Jake like that....

Only I can speak to him like that.
argeed! :rof

i love how people like that take jabs at me... being a keyboard warrior makes you a true badass! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
In a pure drag race setup the 9000s do nothing really. You would need a dual adjustable in the front to do the best....like a QA1 setup.

But the 9000s will make it nicer on the street than the 5000s IMO.
Too bad qa1's are like triple the price of rancho's!

I haven't heard of many if any stockish duramax's breaking past 1.6 60's anyways, so if you can get it with the cheaper setup then why not?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Exactly Mack....

QA1s are basically a track only type of shock....cause spending that dough every year or 2 on a DD hurts pretty bad.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts