Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Rancho 9000s shocks

12K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  smokinlmm 
#1 ·
are these are that good?
i got wheel hop in the front wheel when i launch hard... will these stop it?

#2 · (Edited)
Me, Dmaxchris, Jmazz, Johnasara, Tyler Meyer, etc................. We are all running some combination of Rancho rs 9000's and rs 5000's. I personally run rs5000's for a leveled front end and rs9000's in the rear for stock height..............

And yes, the diffrence in my ride is tremendous............ and she seems to get better traction bc the weight transfer isn't so violent anymore.

#3 ·
I'm a fan of mine

#5 ·
Jake, there's no telling with 100% certinity whats causing your wheel hop.

could simply be you launching too hard
could be not grippy enough tires.
could be tie rod flex or centerlink rotation.

bottom line is, will better shocks fix it? maybe. Will you launch better with them? Yes. if you take the time to set them up right.

#6 ·
x100

#7 ·
subscribed!

#11 ·
Hollyyyy deleted post.........................Guess you guys don't like them................

#12 ·
so is it best to do the 5000s in front and the 9000 in the rear?

#14 ·
I did it bc rancho does not make the 9000 for a leveled front end...............

Mine rides muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better now..................:D

#15 ·
In a pure drag race setup the 9000s do nothing really. You would need a dual adjustable in the front to do the best....like a QA1 setup.

But the 9000s will make it nicer on the street than the 5000s IMO.

#18 ·
Too bad qa1's are like triple the price of rancho's!

I haven't heard of many if any stockish duramax's breaking past 1.6 60's anyways, so if you can get it with the cheaper setup then why not?

#19 ·
Exactly Mack....

QA1s are basically a track only type of shock....cause spending that dough every year or 2 on a DD hurts pretty bad.

#21 ·
braces yo

#24 ·
I like them alot. Calmed my wheel hopping down quite a bit and the truck rides soooooooo much better.

Jake the other reason you might be getting hop is from the stiff sidewall on your tires. You want a tire with a little bit more meat to absorb the shock from launching hard.

#30 ·
yea i think if i got some 16s and some better shocks she'll run pretty good
thats why i wanna borrow those proxys!

Jake maybe its that TapShifter that is causing your problems! :D

How would they be for truck pulling? :whistlee
you only wish :neener
might pull my truck next year so its staying :D

took me like 2 nights at the track to get them how i wanted. My fronts are set to 9.... i think my front right is set ton 8 and left 9 actually...and the rears are 3 IIRC. i wanna get a 90/10 setup for the front.
looks like ill just have to spend sometime at the track.. they hard to adjust?

#27 ·
That's weird Beech. My truck launches better with them set up opposite of yours. The best 60s were with the rears on 9 and the fronts on 5.

#28 ·
that is weird,....

well i have caltracs too so when im preloading my rear picks way up then when i launch its BOOM the back drops and the front lifts and she hooks.

but yea whatever works...every truck is different

#29 · (Edited)
well I didn't really mean they are for track only.....but for the price and the alternatives available....

in my mind they are track use only lol.

Guess I shouldnt be so literal.

#32 ·
keep it simple stupid :neener

#31 ·
Just a twist of a knob.....very easy

#33 ·
i like easy :D

#36 ·
think my last set i got on amazon

#38 ·
i wanna get these but i don't wanna spend the money :cool:

#39 ·
if you want the on board adjustable controller i think my friend i bought the shocks from still has it and would probably let it go cheap

#41 ·
how much?!

#40 ·
Well I am up in the air on these guys because currently I have the dual shock setup on the front of my truck. I could remove them and just go back to running one stock location shock.

What do you thing is it worth getting some ones for the front and ditching the dual shock setup?

Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread Jake.

#45 ·
i just bought them havent messed around with settings yet i need to my bilstein rode way better on street towing ranchos hands down to much sag with bilsteins

#49 ·
yeah mine are silver too....just grabbed a generic pic to show the adjustment.

also we don't have the same top mounting as that pic either.

#50 ·
mine are white....guess that just means I'm special haha

#51 ·
how hard is the cab controller to hook up?

#53 ·
Its air operated....comes with a mini compressor and such...only reason I never did it.

They should have done a electric system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.