Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one important piece to doing my lift today is not here. I am as retarded as can be so it's a lot my fault but got my torsion bars off and pulled out an about shocks out after using my neighbors lift an got my truck 5 ft in air plow frame off. I realize. I DONT HAVE STEERING KNUCKLES FOR THE LIFT!!!! Yes I bought the kit used and as I got it layer out I see mix and matched parts from other companys that person has used to lift. His truck after learning this lift didn't fit his truck. My damn fault but. I overall need help. I will call rancho first this in a.m. To see how much I am loosing to get those knuckles left an right. Otherwise I have everything or friend hooked me up with it.

4" lift is what's goin on sorry. Also if anyone knows where the he'll I can perhaps find those knuckles. Something someone has here??

·
AKA treyfox11
2,250 Posts
they ain't gonna be cheap i bet

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. Probably ruin all money I saved.

·
Registered
683 Posts
what did you pay for all that

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
600 bucks.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.... 500 bucks shipped 2nd day air from Summitracing.

This sucks.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone has any help for me or knows a cheaper way to get those knuckles please don't hessitate to jump in and type a bit for me haha

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
so...1100 bones! you could have damn near had a brand new lift for that! Oh well, long as your happy with it when it is done is all that matters! Hope you get your stuff in soon though!! You got a trip to Ky to be getting ready for!!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is true still better than 2g's new. And its damn close too.

Yea do that lift this weekend

AND go get my quote fromt eh body shop today to get my new fender/taillight/tailgate/bumper and re bedliner all of it by May6th! Ugh all me all the time

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just left the body shop. Family friends so he is makin a REAL high quote. I told him ultimately having it done Wednesday the 6th is the best. If he can't don't start it.

So dents or not im goin down. Worse case would be he gets me a new tail light and we drill it up for the strobes and tint it to match and i'll be on my way down. Were not missin it dude!

Or best case is pops lets me use his Freightliner since he did the damage haha. That would rock. Big rig camper and room to bring my street bike and crap. park right at the bars an drive now where aha

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Just left the body shop. Family friends so he is makin a REAL high quote. I told him ultimately having it done Wednesday the 6th is the best. If he can't don't start it.

So dents or not im goin down. Worse case would be he gets me a new tail light and we drill it up for the strobes and tint it to match and i'll be on my way down. Were not missin it dude!

Or best case is pops lets me use his Freightliner since he did the damage haha. That would rock. Big rig camper and room to bring my street bike and crap. park right at the bars an drive now where aha
hahah that would be legit. im just saying though im tryin to leave mad early on thursday like 5AM so we can get there not crazy late. might have to pick up hondarider from the airport:D

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha thats cool with me... You still cool with me my girl and buddy stayin at your house that night. or we can just meet up crazy early that morning. What town you in Jersey again i'lls ee how far from me

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Haha thats cool with me... You still cool with me my girl and buddy stayin at your house that night. or we can just meet up crazy early that morning. What town you in Jersey again i'lls ee how far from me
hell yea man its cool with me, actually we'll stay at my grandmoms shes got more room and we wont need to deal with my bitchy mom or sisters. plus she makes bangin food.

dude my town is the farthest south you can go pretty much...you know ow to get to the garden state parkway? it'll be exit 8 after that its seriously just 1 turn and your there. cant be easier

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea man we would love to. Save soem hours ya know. Yea ur deff far from me so worth that late trip. I know where im goin thats cool. Garden state isn't new to me. I'll talk to ya when it gets closer but for sure were comin.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
Yea man we would love to. Save soem hours ya know. Yea ur deff far from me so worth that late trip. I know where im goin thats cool. Garden state isn't new to me. I'll talk to ya when it gets closer but for sure were comin.
sweet. i think everything is all ready on my end...think we should call to verify reservations? i dont do this shit often so i dunno what the right procedure is...

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea doesn't hurt but. I have a card on file and a number for proof. I'de rather get there and then know the room isn't there. FLIP out like no other and then were hangin in the suite for free!

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
yea doesn't hurt but. I have a card on file and a number for proof. I'de rather get there and then know the room isn't there. FLIP out like no other and then were hangin in the suite for free!
Maybe we should request the villa? :rof

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ahhh yes.. bottle of champagne for breakfast and its straight whiskey from noon on!

Got my quote back.... $4,900 IN LABOR/PARTS FOR TRUCK!

Won't be using that much though haha. Help pay for the 530 I just spend to 2nd day air my steering knuckles for my truck so this lift is ON by the time I drive to you. I'll take a day off before just to finsih haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts