Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed set on my 2021 HD Duramax.

OEM Ranchos have very little dampening and don’t like all the bouncing when towing.

I’ve read many positive reviews on this shock and others. The reason I selected the Ranchos is the adjustability. If I install and they are too soft I can firm them up a bit.

Part # is for 2019 but fit my 2021. They come locked in a shortened position. Simply twist and they expand. Front ones use bolts that are supplied rather than studs on oem Version……makes it easier to install. Shocks are more robust than OEM.

Will be going on a long trip shortly so will play with the settings and see how they feel. Took a short test drive and they feel real good in soft setting. Better dampening and the bounce is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4 Crew Cab 6.6 L5P Duramax
85 Posts
Just installed set on my 2021 HD Duramax.

OEM Ranchos have very little dampening and don’t like all the bouncing when towing.

I’ve read many positive reviews on this shock and others. The reason I selected the Ranchos is the adjustability. If I install and they are too soft I can firm them up a bit.

Part # is for 2019 but fit my 2021. They come locked in a shortened position. Simply twist and they expand. Front ones use bolts that are supplied rather than studs on oem Version……makes it easier to install. Shocks are more robust than OEM.

Will be going on a long trip shortly so will play with the settings and see how they feel. Took a short test drive and they feel real good in soft setting. Better dampening and the bounce is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back when I had my '05 1500, I replaced the OEM shocks with these. They were fantastic! When it comes time to replace the OEM Ranchos on my current '19 L5P, I will most likely go with these Ranchos.

Reactions: McSpeed
1 - 2 of 2 Posts