Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed set on my 2021 HD Duramax.

OEM Ranchos have very little dampening and don’t like all the bouncing when towing.

I’ve read many positive reviews on this shock and others. The reason I selected the Ranchos is the adjustability. If I install and they are too soft I can firm them up a bit.

Part # is for 2019 but fit my 2021. They come locked in a shortened position. Simply twist and they expand. Front ones use bolts that are supplied rather than studs on oem Version……makes it easier to install. Shocks are more robust than OEM.

Will be going on a long trip shortly so will play with the settings and see how they feel. Took a short test drive and they feel real good in soft setting. Better dampening and the bounce is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just ordered a set for my '22. Have had Rancho adjustables for decades on other vehicles and absolutely love being able to "dial in" the shocks for the vehicle! Still have a pair of 5000X 5 way adjustables on my '87 toyota truck, they still work after at least a good 120k on them!!! And have a full set on my '11 4runner, its nice to dial it down for road trips to make it feel like a 70's cadillac, or dial it up to have the runner corner without rolling over on itself!
Hope this takes some of the bounce outta the 2500! Any of you try them set at 4 up front and 2 in back? Does it make the ride really soft and cushy? Looking to soften it up on long trips where I'm not towing anything.
I did a long trip on the lowest setting ( not loaded or towing) and the ride was much better than OEM Ranchos. Towing I typically go full hard setting as I hate the see saw.

Haven’t done different front/ back but I like the idea. Think I will give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts