Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 duramax and ill be sitting at a light and it will randomly idle high and if i have the windows down ill smell a burnt rubber smell like a belt looked at the belts and i dont see any excessive wear on any of them whats its deal? plz help its my everyday driver oh and it has 27k miles

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
picture of truck

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,349 Posts

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Thats a 07.5 with the new emissions. Its just regening. Nothing to worry about. You can also tell by the drastic drop in mpgs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YEAH I GET 11.6 MPG lol but i looked that up to see how that sounded and its not that fast it raises just a little bit higher and i smell burning rubber its wierd

·
Registered
314 Posts
Want to get rid of that problem? Efi live tuning delete the dpf on it. More power and better mpg's. if interested look at the dieselx.com website.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Yeah that voids the warranty, which for me so far has been handy. Sure I wish I didn't have that crap but then I am reminded that mine has been in the shop for over a week now for warranty work, and there would be no way I could foot that bill right now. I only get about 9 mpgs in regen and 10ish on the highway. And the same here, mine idles normally in regen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ya would but your three year 36000 mile warranty would be up, all you would be out is the 5 year 100,000 something you would have to think about

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well you are just about out of your warranty anyway. Do efi live and straight exhaust. It will stop the regen stuff and be a way better truck. Your tranny lines were replaced with stock replacements. They are going to probably shoot the shit again anyway and I bet they don't cover it so I suggest when they do go with the aftermarket ones. You can find they from some of the supporters on here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts