Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get the Raptor lift pump or the Air Dog? I have heard mixed reviews on both of them

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well a raptor is good if you don't want to spend a lot of money but the air dog cleans the fuel and thats my suggestion!

·
Registered
897 Posts
AirDog, for the filtration!!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
My buddy has a Raptor on his 6.7 Crummins and its LOUD! Airdog is suppost to be the quietest pump out there and the easiest for install with its quick connect fittings. AD gets my vote too! :thumb

·
Registered
897 Posts
My AirDog is quiet and was pretty easy to install, the Raptor should be even easier, since I don't think it has a return line. Not that the return line was anything hard.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
i love my airdog

·
the world famous
697 Posts
all depends.. are ypu just running your stock fuel filter??

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
The pump is from the same company..quality is the same. Airdog does a better job and has filters though.
If you have the money then get the airdog. if your on a budget then the raptor will do.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Air Dog, filtration and removes air.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks for the suggestions.... Im on a slight budget but if its that much better and willl last longer then i will probably go with the Air Dog... I really just need more fuel to the engine because of the 120hp tune on the truck, its holding back a little

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
OK thanks for the suggestions.... Im on a slight budget but if its that much better and willl last longer then i will probably go with the Air Dog... I really just need more fuel to the engine because of the 120hp tune on the truck, its holding back a little
It has a lifetime warranty as long as you register within a certain number of days after purchase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i agree, the raptor is just the pump, i would go with the AD2 just because you can regulate the pressure

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Raptor is adjustable too.
The airdog is a better pump, but the longgevity is roughly the same. It's made by the same people..:thumb
Did not know the raptor was adjustable. Either still a good pump but I would go ad

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
AirDog, hands down.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I put the AirDog II on my truck, can't hear the pump running once the engine is running. Go ahead and get the pressure transducer and light so you will know when the filters need changing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts