Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Moog pitman is coming due for a replacement. I saw that Rare is making an Extreme Duty replacement now. Has anyone tried or evaluated it yet?

Rare Parts Extreme Duty Pitman Arm 3 Master Splines # 20609

Thanks!
Wally

·
Registered
979 Posts
I've never had it but heard good things about kryptonites I think I got the spelling right. If you feel like spending the money

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Checked a few sites yesterday, no prices, supposed to be out last year, this year who knows. Truck has 50,000 on it and damn the center link sure moves at the idler arm and shaft when I had it jacked up. Maybe get another 20,000 miles out of them, or not.. The idler shaft they have on their site looks a lot like the SUPERSTEER and within $10.00, call it ours when we stick a sticker on it.....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
am I missing something? I see no Kryptonite pitman on Mike's site. Maybe you meant idler by mistake? Thanks anyway!!

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
The pitman arm is a toss up, 3 or 4 spline, do you have the old Saginaw box or the 670-680 box which I believe came equipped on the 2007 and later trucks with the new body change.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
from what I've read, if you have a dmax pickup truck it's almost 100% that you have 3 splines. IIRC when I did my Moog it was 3. I suppose I could remove the locknut and Cognito brace on there now and have a look for sure.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
from what I've read, if you have a dmax pickup truck it's almost 100% that you have 3 splines. IIRC when I did my Moog it was 3. I suppose I could remove the locknut and Cognito brace on there now and have a look for sure.
I have a core Saginaw/Delphi box in the garage, I'll check it in a bit.

=
=

=
=
=
670-680 box, this is the box that had the TSB published about, lack of steering in parking lots, the 670 had the 3 bolts IIRC
=

=
=

·
Registered
678 Posts
bump does anyone know if the rare parts extreme pitman and ider arm will work with cognito braces? and how do they match up against moog problem solver?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Contact Rare Part 1-800-621-2005

You can email them and see what they tell you. They have been very responsive when I've had technical questions with my suspension.
im looking for more of a personal experence than to hear a sales rep trying to sell me their product .

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I posed the same question to them, and they said that it will... with a slight modification to the attachment. You'll need to shim the brace out a bit to clear the arm. They sent me a shim (washer) and a belleville washer to complete this task. I am hoping to install everything this week and provide pictures. Here's their pic from in the shop:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,679 Posts
I posed the same question to them, and they said that it will... with a slight modification to the attachment. You'll need to shim the brace out a bit to clear the arm. They sent me a shim (washer) and a belleville washer to complete this task. I am hoping to install everything this week and provide pictures. Here's their pic from in the shop:
Rare parts sent you the washer and shim?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd start there. Either you can get them from Rare or they can give you the specs to source them from someone like McMaster.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.