Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the g2 tierods, the hd 4 spline pitman arm, and the hd idler arm and brace. Anyone have any input on these parts for and lbz?

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I think most of these trucks require a 3 spline pitman arm, you should prolly crawl under your truck and check before ordering.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think most of these trucks require a 3 spline pitman arm, you should prolly crawl under your truck and check before ordering.
I didn't know what the difference was, the 3 and 4 spline are both listed for 01-10 2500hd. Just figured the 4 spline was heavier duty.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I didn't know what the difference was, the 3 and 4 spline are both listed for 01-10 2500hd. Just figured the 4 spline was heavier duty.
One will fit and one wont

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the 4 spline fit?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
What does the 4 spline fit?
A 4 spline steering box...

I don't know what they were thinking but there are 3 and 4 spline steering boxes. And by spline they mean master splines.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A 4 spline steering box...

I don't know what they were thinking but there are 3 and 4 spline steering boxes. And by spline they mean master splines.
Ya, I understand the master spline part, I just don't understand why they did both on the same model trucks. I've never really paid attention to how many master splines there were on all the ones I've changed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just rebuilt my nephews 06 gmc 2500 hd front end. I ordered everything for the truck and I got everything right except I got a 4 master spline pitman arm and the truck had a 3 master spline pitman arm. So obviously you must be able to have either a 3 or 4 master spline steering box in these trucks, so be careful when ordering pitman arms as not to get the wrong one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.