Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally took the time to figure out the annoying rattle under the driver side dash in my 2019 high country. It was the shift interlock solenoid rattling back and forth due to a crappy mounting design by GM. Fixed with a zip tie. Pic of zip tie fix below. Also put an Amazon weblink to a picture of the part below.

B974B8D6-DA04-4DDE-B5E6-A4B007B20664.jpeg

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry need to update my signature, I have 2017 3500 HD Denali DRW.
Under the driver side dash just to the right (center column side) of the steering column. Look for the shiny flat metal rod (you can see the shiny flat metal rod in the Amazon part link I provided). If this better description doesn’t help you find it let me know ... I will see if I can get a better picture of the part under the dash. Also make sure not to cinch it too tight with the zip tie ... GM actually designed this to slightly rotate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Under the driver side dash just to the right (center column side) of the steering column. Look for the shiny flat metal rod (you can see the shiny flat metal rod in the Amazon part link I provided). If this better description doesn’t help you find it let me know ... I will see if I can get a better picture of the part under the dash. Also make sure not to cinch it too tight with the zip tie ... GM actually designed this to slightly rotate.
I see you have the Banks derringer and idash. Tell me what you think about that? I have it in the basket on Banks site just have not pulled the trigger yet. Thanks

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see you have the Banks derringer and idash. Tell me what you think about that? I have it in the basket on Banks site just have not pulled the trigger yet. Thanks
Have all 4 Banks products ... Derringer, iDash, Cold Intake, and DPF-back exhaust. Honestly, I could hardly tell the difference when I first installed the Derringer / iDash / Cold Air Intake. However, when I took them out for a few months to get some warranty repairs done ... I could really feel the power loss. The numbers are real ... 80+ hp and 120+ lb ft ... but slightly less for me since I am at 4,000+ ft in elevation. The iDash is priceless. Being able to see all the additional engine data, diagnostic codes, ability to reset codes, etc. ... makes this package worth it in my opinion. If you decide to purchase ... make sure to get the iDash bezel mount from Ben Ho that goes above the trailer brake controller ... wish I would have purchased this right away. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. Have you noticed any fuel mileage improvement? I know you’re running 35’s and high elevation, I’m at sea level.
No mileage improvement ... but I didn’t lose any either ... just more power. I ran all the Banks equipment for six months with only a leveling kit and the stock tire size ... with no change in mileage. Once I put the lift and 35’s on ... I lost 2 mpg around town and 3 mpg on the highway. Was averaging 15 mpg around town before and now down to 13 mpg ... highway was 20 mpg and now down to 17 mpg. Also lost some acceleration from a stop ... but these were all expected with a lift and bigger tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts