Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an rds Gravity feed kit from my transfer tank to the the stock filler neck on my lmm. It has a ball/ check valve on the filler neck "t" to stop the fuel flow when the stock tank is full, which is working just fine. The problem I am having is the fuel its over flowing somewhere on top of stock tank between the bed and tank. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Other than that leaking, how do you like the tank? Is it the one with the toolbox?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already had a deezee aluminum tank in the bed for work, I used the rds kit to plum it into my filler neck

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where did you run your breather hose to? On mine I ran it slightly behind the tank through the bed. Sometimes when I fill it completely full it will leak out of there and down under the truck depending on how I am parked.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I have the toolbox/fuel tank with a pump and if i leave it on too long it leaks somewhere too. Not sure where. I have a ball valve i just turn off when my truck is almost full

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any problems with gravity filled fuel tank? Does the fuel gauge in the truck go to empty? Just bought a tank
2015 Chev duramax

·
Registered
675 Posts
I installed an rds Gravity feed kit from my transfer tank to the the stock filler neck on my lmm. It has a ball/ check valve on the filler neck "t" to stop the fuel flow when the stock tank is full, which is working just fine. The problem I am having is the fuel its over flowing somewhere on top of stock tank between the bed and tank. Anyone else have this problem?
Mine leaked slightly after the FASS install then after I plumbed my RDS tank, it started leaking even more. Another member recommended installing two hose clamps per side and possibly a light coat of silicone on the inside of the hoses if that doesn't work. I will be doing that this weekend as I've just been putting it off but have to change my FASS filters anway and might as well do it all at one time.

In short, I think the leak you are experiencing may be from the top side of the cut hose where it meets the "t."

Any problems with gravity filled fuel tank? Does the fuel gauge in the truck go to empty? Just bought a tank
2015 Chev duramax
My LBZ would do this if I ran it for a longer period of time. Scared the crap out of me the first time it did it :rofl My LMM hasn't done it since I plumbed the RDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts