Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
You can see the mods in my sig. I love my truck.... But lately I've kind of got the itch for More Power!!!!
I am probably ordering a lift pump in the near future. Right now my biggest tune is Robs +120 hp tune. I could probably go up a little more hp with some new tunes +150 or so, but obviously I'm gonna need a built trans to handle more power than that.
So a good built trans is prob gonna cost around 5-5.5k CDN. New tunes from ATP would cost? What else would I need? Without doing a motor build or changing turbos how much power could I safely make???
I'm just thinking it over.... Any input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
max effort is about all your gonna get without an injector or turbo change

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much hp is max effort? +180 hp?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IDK that a lot of money for a built trans, when mine seems to fine so far (knock on wood). I think the smart thing to do would be to stay the course. But this Damn forum keeps putting these ideas in my head....

·
Registered
906 Posts
built trans and twin over stock, would be much more power and good for towing. also you should have a liftpump, dont see one in ur sig

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be getting an AirDog 165. So for built trans, lift pump, twins & traction bars I'd probably be looking at $8-9K?????

·
Stone Colds Brother
600 Posts
Even just a lift pump would make the tunes you have now better. And I wouldn't go much over what you got unless you plan on doing your tranny soon:) I have built trans and lift pump tunes from rob and my #3 tune (110hp) screams with the built tranny and lift pump. It's fAster than my 150 tune was with stock tranny

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Just to give you an idea, Im building my trans, trac bars, cognito braces, Ppe sleeves, diamond eye dp, 4094, and injectors. The total will he around 8k... Once you get a built trans alot of possibilities to spend money open up ;)

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well..... I think I'll add an AirDog for now & see now my trans holds up.
But if the trans goes..... Then I'll be Forced to add more power!

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Rob should update your tunes to Max effort for free if im not mistaken. I know that's pretty common practice for most tuners. Once you step into custom stuff like bigger injectors and turbo tuning then they start charging to make changes. You could step your tuning up a good bit as a trans goed 6 speed can take a decent beating. But don't expect it to last forever that way. Had a buddy lay down 515 horse at industrial injection with only a trans go Jr and he never once limped it. Even at the drag strip, never limped. Of course every truck/trans will act different but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
5 new tunes for $150

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
A built trans totally changes the truck. For most people, that's far enough power wise. A stock turbo/fuel truck that makes over 500rwhp and runs high 12s is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Rob should update your tunes to Max effort for free if im not mistaken. I know that's pretty common practice for most tuners. Once you step into custom stuff like bigger injectors and turbo tuning then they start charging to make changes. You could step your tuning up a good bit as a trans goed 6 speed can take a decent beating. But don't expect it to last forever that way. Had a buddy lay down 515 horse at industrial injection with only a trans go Jr and he never once limped it. Even at the drag strip, never limped. Of course every truck/trans will act different but you get the idea.
If you and I are thinking about the same truck, he accidentally limped it from going from wet pavement to dry racing... But that could happen to any stock truck as well

·
HERE SO I DONT GET FINED
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the input guys. Hard to justify building a trans that still works good. I might have to put my foot into it a little more and see what happens.....:gearjamin

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. Hard to justify building a trans that still works good. I might have to put my foot into it a little more and see what happens.....:gearjamin
Once you are in a truck with a built trans, you will feel plenty of justifications :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
He charged me to update to built trans tunes. There was no cost to send logs and change the tunes though prior to that though. I'm sure he'd bump up your big tune to 150 for little to no money

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts