Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just joined today and I have a question on my 2006 Silverado.
I have the manual shift option on my transmission (where L2 would be on the shifter) but when I use the manual shift I cant go higher than 5th. It says I'm in 6th is i shift it, but I cant feel it shift, not does my tach move. I'm wondering if either this is from my Edge chip or the latest and greatest TCM reprogram GM did wasnt that great...
Anyone else have this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
i think 6th is just an overdrive not an actual gear not sure though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
and yes lose the juice to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,028 Posts
There are about 90% of guys out there that i have heard about that have had problems with the juice with attitude. Then there is the other 10% that have not had an issue. The juice with att is not the best choice on the duramax. Like stated above, i would get rid of the juice and get you something else. Good luck with everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this a common problem with the juice? I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they have anything to say about it. I've had the latest update flash on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i'll look into a different programmer, any advice?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
i got the quadzilla stealth 2 adn uploaded the off road tunes and i love it
 

·
The Good Son!
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
I can shift 1-6 manually. You should be able to, as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
There is only about a 200 rpm difference. It is easiest to notice this at highway speeds (80) shifting down to 5th.
 

·
Its just a worktruck
Joined
·
13,908 Posts
When you have it in M, it will hold 5th a little bit longer. I bet as soon as you slide it into D it shifts into 6th.
 

·
saw what you did there
Joined
·
14,297 Posts

·
saw what you did there
Joined
·
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
that's because statistically, they're not used very much by forum guys.

EFILive Web Site
Our diesel group down here (diesel nuts and also the bio group) pretty much runs the gammit from 18 yr old kids with their first Dmax to 75 yr old graduate engineers, close to half of us, myself included, are engineers. Most have tried just about whatever has been offered as far as programers or tuners, especially the BDog and Edge. They all gravitate back to Banks for quality and reliability. Banks may not produce THE most power, but it is reliable power. We also have a few that are pullers or run at the drags who go max all the time, they don't care what breaks or what it costs to fix and they have EFI or some computerized custom super hot tune, which is fine if that's what you want to do. Most of these guys have backup transportation for when the powerhouse breaks and deep pockets to match their thirst for go-fast power.
But...as far as not having to spend a mortgage payment or more for repairs, having a stock trans or close to it while still being able to play a little with reliability for the truck,that also has built in guards on the trans,temps and pressures, the Banks is the choice by a good margine down here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
5th and 6th are both overdrive so the tach doesnt' move very much. the allision is smart and won't let u shift if it unsafe for the engine or trans.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
17,251 Posts
i think 6th is just an overdrive not an actual gear not sure though
anything lower than 1:1 is considered overdrive. meaning 5th and 6th.

If you want reliability with the transmission safeguards, get a Banks. You don't hear any complaints about those guys.
You gotta be joking. The LB7 I bought had a melted piston from banks tuning.
If you wanna spend $1000 for 100rwhp, buy a banks.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top