Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a small leak for a while but it's bugge me enough to where I wanna take care of it. It doesn't puddle under the truck, hell the pics I post are after I smear it so it's more visible. Extremely small but I want to fix it
Nonetheless less. Anyone can point me in the right direction please let
Me know! Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Weird place for a leak. Looks like it could be welded.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what my buddy and I were talkin about doing. Didn't knownif there was any other way

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
If you didn't want to weld it, you could probably just clean it up real good with some brake cleaner and put some silicone on it. I personally would weld it and make it more permanent, but silicone will probably work for quite a while

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
If you wanted to weld it-- you would probably have to remove the rear axle-- dissamble the parts, pre-heat the cast iron and then weld it.

Lots of work for a small seeping of oil.

I would clean the area with a wire brush and carb cleaner-- paste a little JB Weld over the area and repaint.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yes cast iron is tricky to weld altho it can be done it would be a long process all for that small or a leak. I agree with cleaning it really good and use some JB weld. If it was me thats what id do.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It shouldn't be cast, I welded the axle tubes on the Dana 80 in my cummins with a normal wire feed

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts