Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i was to put a leveling kit up front and 2.5' blocks in the rear would i need new rear shocks i have extenders for ther front already? :drink

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
It would be a good idea, or you can just buy brand new, longer shocks for it :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats wat i'm wondering do i need to get longer shocks or will the stock ones still be good cuz there not that old at all

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
If theyre new then just get extenders

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've never seen extenders for the rear just the front?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
you wont need a 2.5" block. that would really make your rear sit high even with cranking the torsions. IIRC Nick at NorCal says that the 2.5" blocks come with a 4" lift kit. I have 1.5" blocks and I cranked my torsions about 2" and I have the factory rake back.

Nick also said to go with longer shocks for 1.5" blocks..so yes.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Ive personally never used them so I really dont know if they make them or not. Id sell the shocks you have now and make some money back for when you buy new, longer shocks. It'd look cleaner

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put new keys up front and got like 2.5 inches out of them and the blocks will cancel the level which i want it' sjust a cheap lift for now tilli can afford the real thing i picked it up cheap off a guy on the site

·
Registered
212 Posts
Guys are correct here. I put on 3 inches up front and 2 in the back.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Since you can only get 2-3 inches out of the front and level it what are you trying to achieve??? Factory rake??? But yes you will either need to make shock extenders or longer shocks....

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i just need to fit a bigger tire for work till i can afford an actual lift

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
well, be prepared to have to replace more front end parts and possibly CV axles soon...if you raise too high it will bind the CV axles. Also, the upper ball joints will go bad quite a bit faster since you will probably tear the boots pretty quick.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i know but it's either this or i dont' make it to the jobsite haha

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Well, I would get the cognito UCAs when your upper ball joints are bad.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont' worry i plan on getting there 6" lift kit in the near future anyways. but wat exactly does the uca do differently other then the lowered bump stop?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
They correct the ball joint angle for cranked bars...easier to change and allow full droop of the suspension. they cost just as much as the factory UCAs and you dont have to worry about ball joints popping out if you just press in new ones in the factory arms. You can also put dual shocks on the front too with them and they work with all lifts as far as I know.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright thanks for the info didnt' know all that i'll probalby get them soon got a clutch to get first haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts