Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just took off a 3in body lift of my 2011 that for some reason the previous owner put on it and now it’s like the bed is sitting to low but lines up perfect with the cab. I cannot slide the bumper brackets in the frame. I’m lost
IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put an aftermarket bumper on my 16 lml and I had to unbolt and lift the bed to get the stock bumper off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But when I set the bracket flush to the frame it would seem like the bumper would be to high and I wouldn’t be able to open my tail gate. I got a bumper from a 2010 dually not sure if they changed anything between his year and mine

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it’s annoying the truck came with a ranch hand which I sold. If I would have known it would of been this much of a pain I would have just kept the bumper the truck came with

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lol yea they seem to have made these newer trucks so difficult to work on that you almost have to take it to somebody to do anything to it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m reading they changed the frame In 11 so that may be my problem with the bumper I have

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definitely a possibility. I’ve seen people interchange 11-19 bumpers, but never with a 10 or older.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I’m not to sure about my parking sensors tho. Wonder if I can just disable the parking assist with a tech 2 scanner

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright I’ll look thanks. I don’t need all that and I gotta hit the check mark every time I start up to clear the warning

·
Registered
21 Posts
On my ‘13 I had to push the button every time I got in the truck. I’m not sure if there’s a way to permanently disable it. My 16 I can turn them off through the radio.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts