Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the rear diff screw up on my the locker would not come out so it was scuffing the tire as a turned. Took it apart this morning and the little gear that runs the governor for the limited slip has busted into pieces and the little clutch system is busted up as well. The dealer ship want $500 just for parts to fix this. I have no clue how to get this apart either. Is there anything else that is cheaper that i can get this thing fixed? Also any tips on getting this all apart would be great!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
434 Posts
Man I jst checked Ebay for the dodge 11.5 locker and damn have thoes gone up. If your G80 is broke I'd replace it with one from the dodge 11.5 it's the same as the eaton true track. Works a lot better and will not break on you. good luck

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just replaces mine with the Dodge Posi. 100 times better than the factory "locker"!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, id deffently get a new diff, that g80 is $hit!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what year of dodge is that out of?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K i think i have found a great deal on a dodge rear end. now the question should i exchange the crown gear from my truck just because its still good and it is worn to my other gear good idea or bad?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i found a trutrac out of a dodge. Question keep my old crown gear or use the new one that came with the trutrac

·
Registered
546 Posts
Mine is brand new from AAM they fit The dodge 11.5 from 03 to now. it works pretty good for me. My factory G80 held up for 120,000 miles and the Dodge version is tougher so I hope to get equal mileage out of it. I paid $630 after tax for mine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i found one on our local classifieds. out of a 07 dodge ram 2500 with 76 k on it hes asking 500 obo for the whole axle but i just want the insides!

·
Registered
546 Posts
You could always buy it and then sell the housing. But that sometimes becomes a giant headache in itself!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I did get the dodge diff now my question is what's the best way to set the pre load on the inner bearing in the diff also will the dodge sit properly in there with no changes?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts