Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and searched.
Bottom rod disconnected from handle. Looking for diagram or photo showing how it goes back together.
Have door panel off, but assembly is not talking nice to me...
Parts diagrams no help.
I know someone here can help.

'04 Ext cab. All stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I may need some info also, i just broke the outside handle for the ext door tonight. So ill be replacing it shortly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Been there done that.. You need to remove all four screws for the handle. You will also need a new rod clip. Go to the Help Section at the local parts store.

On my 2001, the rod clip was broken in two pieces. One was on the rod and the other was was stuck in the hole that the rod goes into. You will need to remove both pieces. Take note of the color of what is on the rod. When you remove the bols on the handle DO NOT remove the top rod. The bottom rod enters the handle assembly from the side closest to the passenger. You should see the colored plastic where the rod goes. Remove the broken piece and put in the new one...
The new ones I got were not the same color as the one I removed but it is about the size of the rod clip and not the color.
Put the new one in the hole and then insert the rod and rotate the clip to snap on the rod.
Button it all back up and you are good to go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.