Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 8" subs under the rear seat in my 2011 crew cab. I have a TON of buzzing noise coming from the rear door lock sliders when there's any kind of bass going on. If I unlock the doors it either gets better or goes away. I tried taking some thin adhesive padding and putting it between the lock slider and the door panel, seemed to work for a little bit but now the buzzing is back. Anyone else experience this, and found a good fix for it?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helpful, thanks :high5

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2011. Anybody know how to get the door lock buttons off? If they come off fairly easy, I'm thinking of plasti-dip. This 2011 truck interior is far inferior to my 04. Lots more rattles and other noises.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My 10 inch subs do the same thing and it's worse on rough roads. Drives me crazy! Unlock the doors and insert a small flat head screwdriver at the top of the tab on the front of the button and gently bend it out and pull up on the lock button. Let us know if the plastidip works!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I did it last night, so I don't know if it worked. I know that the door panel squeaks too. I have a piece of foam rubber jammed in it to help. Like I said, for fit and finish the 04 was way better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts