Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 CCSB and my rear drivers door doesn't unlock with the keyfob. i have to manually lock/unlock. All the other doors work fine. what are some troubleshooting tactics? When i hit the keyfob, i don't even hear anything "trying" to move.

·
Registered
784 Posts
you have rear drivers? i'd gag them ! j/k
is the kiddy lock in the correct position ?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha
yea i have to manually unlock/lock the door by hand. just a pain having to reach my arm back there to do it every time. kids lock aren't turned on, checked that. could it be the actuator?

·
Registered
784 Posts
possibly or bad switch?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the front drivers side door work with the back so i can test it to make sure the wiring all works?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The system on these truck are data controlled by the computer so it is either the actuator or wire broken. you can check at the BCM for output to that door, On 4-Door Trucks the LEFT REAR Door is a LT BLUE/BLACK (-) wire at PIN A3 on the light blue BCM plug. When you push lock or unlock this should have a negative pulse. Hopes this helps ? obviously if you have a pulse here then you check at the door if it pulses here its the actuator if not you have a break in the wire between the BCM and door.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have the same truck,had the same problem. it was the rear door actuator that was bad on my truck.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the update and help guys. going to try and get the actuator ordered. gmpartsdirect, probably the cheapest?

·
Registered
880 Posts
thanks for the update and help guys. going to try and get the actuator ordered. gmpartsdirect, probably the cheapest?
Or rockauto.com:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts