Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the rear end on my truck has been leaking since teh day i bought it. i have taken it in 4 times to get it fixed and it always comes back fine and one day later it is leaking all over. i getting alittle mad that they cant fix it and my parents are getting a little mad because i am getting oil all over my moms driveway.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
is the leak coming from the seal on the rear diff cover or is it leaking from the casing itself?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Got a picture of the leak?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah i bought the truck brand new and i cant find out where the leak is coming from. they have replaced the entire rear end except for hthe housing itself. so maybe i will make them replace that

·
Registered
699 Posts
if they replaced all the seals, diff cover and pinion seal, and its coming from the center the only thing left is the housing. aam axle housings have had a few problems with the chunk spinning on the axle tube, big tires with traction and a strong motor can do this but its not very often. if you didn't know or anyone else thats not familiar with traction bars when you hit the throttle going forward your tires roll forward but the torque of the motor threw the ring ang pinion pull the axle housing upwards. one going up and going down something's gotta give, many lift kits have these becouse of the extra flex in the springs. take some strong degreaser and clean it up good then drive a little to get the gear lube warm then get back under there and look for wetness in the seems where the axle tubes are pressed in. its not very often but some times

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have been looking and i cant seem to put a finger on exactly where it is coming from i am taking to a new dealer to see if they can fix it

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is leaking from teh pinion seal and from the pumpkin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.