Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since Ive been here, but changed the oil the other day, and noticed the oil on the bellhousing. Dealer is picking it up in the morning. How long can I expect them to have it, they say not sure, havent had that problem before, and will the cab have to come off, or engine come out or what?

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
just the seal could possible be done with dropping the tranny

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill let you all know as soon as I hear from them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to keep you all updated on this. The rear main isnt my problem. The oil was coming from the oil pan which has a crack in it at one of the bolts going in towards the lower end of the pan. The engine wont have to come out, but I asked the mech. about pulling the engine, and he said there are several ways to do it, but they pull the trans first, then the front of the truck has to come off then pull the engine through the front. He said other dealers pull the cab, and its faster and easier than the way they do it, but they have bigger shops and better equipment to pull it with than they do. (This is an older dealer who has been in the same place for 40 some odd years) The mech also told me thye have only had to pull 1 LMM, but pulled several older models.
Truck has been in the shop since Tuesday, and the pan still hasne came in yet, so Im stuck in the wifes minivan until at least Tuesday.........

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts