Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Button has been acting up the last few weeks. But would always work after hitting the switch just right. Not this time. Damn thing is stuck open. Bad switch I think. No sound comes from the motor when ya try to close it. But if ya hit the open way ya hear the motor click. Anyone else have this happen?? Gotta get it to the dealer before it rains. :Whaaatt

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Have you tried pulling the switch out and shorting the wires? That would at least get the window closed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried pulling the switch out and shorting the wires? That would at least get the window closed.
Haven't tried anything yet. Happened on a long drive tonight and didn't feel like messin with it tonight. May give that a try Tmr though. Thanks for the idea

·
Registered
546 Posts
It might work to spray a small amount of contact cleaner and wiggle the switch a bit.

Once I went away for work for a bit and lent my BiL my truck to use... with one instruction: Don't put the driver's window down cause the switch is broken and it won't go back up. I had ordered a replacement switch (the PBC was cracked) but I hadn't put it in yet. You can guess what he did.... at least he knew how to put the new switch in, so that saved me a bit of time.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
@dmax90, I’m sorry to read about the concerns you’re going through with the power slider. I believe you’re on the right track with having the dealership get this taken care of. Under normal circumstances, this would be covered under the Bumper to Bumper limited warranty.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it to the dealer last Friday. They confirmed it was a faulty switch. Reversed the polarity to at least close it, then ordered a new switch. Should be fixed Tmr or Wednesday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts